Thursday, October 15, 2015

Torn

So, last post I decided to dump all the weight loss downers and focus on lifting weights and getting stonger. 

I've not made much progress (besides some amazing reading, seriously why can't reading burn calories, I'd be a total waif)

I did throw out my scale.  I don't need that kind of negativity in my life.

But, I digress.  Here is my current issue.  I still kinda want to lose weight.  Trim down, and at a fair clip I might add.  But I also want to be stronger. I want to lift, I actually think I would enjoy it.  It's very controlled and requires focus.  The problem is, in my mass amounts of reading it always seems as if it's one of the other.  Like you can't do both.

You see weight lifters eat.  A lot.  Because they get hungry. A lot. 

But in order to lose weight you have to cut calories, right?

So, there's my issue.  I'm considering joining weight watchers, just to see of I like it and I have some success.  I think if I lost just a bit at the front end, it would motivate me to be more active in it.  Right now I'm kind of stuck one the "meh, I'm fat anyways, let's just chill" mode.  Not cool.

In other news, my knee is free from the brace. I feel like dancing and jumping and sometimes even running (nah let's not get that far ahead of ourselves)  I have a surgical consult in two weeks and probably shortly after that will be having surgery.  So that will be fun.

Also, I sleep better.   And that's awesome.

Current progress: No idea.  Threw my scale away remember.

Wait. Current progress: happier

1 comment:

  1. YES to the scale.

    Weight lifting, give it time and you will burn many calories from the activity. many and you will be starving in the morning. It is interesting, and it used to be scary. Now I have a peanut butter bagel and go on with my life.

    Happy is the thing. I am so happy for you!
    I understand why you want to lose some weight, but really be careful of the restriction, you don't want to go down that rabbit hole. If you can figure out what a slight deficit is, that works well albeit slowly. Nothing wrong with reading when one is recovering from injury. There is no wrong or right way for you, it is your way that is right. Don't let anyones tell you otherwise.
    Rock ON with your amazing self!!

    ReplyDelete