Friday, October 2, 2015

Hello October

I just recently realized it's been a few days since I've blogged.  My bad.

Here's what's happened in the past few days.  The other night I had taken a shower and was laying on my bed without my knee brace on. I need to let my poor leg breathe every now and then and it was getting irritated by the straps.  So I'm laying there with my feet near the edge of the bed, and my cat decides this would be a fine time to come lay by me, which is usually all well and good, except she is blind and when she jumps she does it with claws out.  Needless to say, she snagged the bottom of my foot.  What did I do?  Well, I did what any normal human would do, I moved away from the threat.  In this case it was a literal knee jerk reaction that resulted in my bending my bad knee (which is supposed to be kept as straight as possibe, to the extent of being put in a locked straight position while I sleep).

Agony ensued.  The pain was insane. Excruciating.  Any other word you can think of for terrible gut wrenching hurt.

I had to take some pills and wait until the pain layer low and put my brace back on.  Later that night I woke up the the worst Charlie horse known to man.  It was so bad I couldn't even put my foot down.  I don't know if it was because of the earlier pain or not.  So basically I've been taking it easy for the rest of the week.  Sadly I have been over compensating and that is causing my right knee to hurt as well.

Basically I've been concentrating on food.  Some days I've been so stuffed I thought I would die.  Some days I've been figuratively starving.  So hungry.  Today was a medium day.  I've been trying to stick to my healthy snacks and eat every few hours, just something little to keep going, but my brain makes me feel like I'm eating non-stop, which would be counterproductive.  I'm going to keep at it and see if I can log another small loss on Monday despite my crazy week.

I have also been looking into programs, seeing what is affordable and what I think would work best for me.  I also need to dig out my dumbells and start on my arms and shoulders since my legs are pretty useless at the moment. 

I decided that if I can get my arms at least moderately toned, I'm going to go in and have my half sleeve tattoo mapped out.   So that's a pretty epic reward.  Time to study some weight lifting.

I promise not to wait so long to blog next time,  sorry to all those who follow.  I'm not done yet.  Let's do this.  Keep moving forward, y'all

No comments:

Post a Comment