Monday, October 12, 2015

Moving on, one step at a time

Today, oh today.  Monday!  Whew Monday!

I'm not sure where I'm going with this.

I've been reading a lot (ha, like I ALWAYS read a lot) about weight loss and changing the way we eat, exercise, even see food.  I've pretty much decided to throw out my scale.  The thing is a minion of Satan and I just don't need that kind of negativity in my life.

I haven't thrown it out uet, but just deciding to has already take a huge load off.  Seriously so much less stress already.  So far so good.

Now, what do I do?  I've decided to not "diet".  Well, here's what's next...

I don't want to lose weight. I don't want to be thin.

I know, I know, WHAT?!?!

What I want is to be HEALTHY and STRONG. 

I recently talked to a friend of mine who is kind of a workout guru. She and her husband are super into fitness, so I asked her to help.  She is putting together a SUSTAINABLE meal plan for me, leaving room for my taco and pizza  nights.  And my oreos, let's not forget the cookie of all cookies.

She is also going to suggest some weight lifting and yoga exercises, stuff that I think I may actually enjoy. 

I did a lot of soul searching and think I'll enjoy these workouts more than solid, backbreaking, monotonous cardio all the time because these exercises require focus.  You have to concentrate on form and pay attention, and they are slower and relatively low impact.

I am not fast.

So, I'm still going to eat better and work out, which means I will probably end up losing weight and being thin, it's kind of a side effect really.  Finally a side effect I can deal with!!

So, in short (hehe) if you have any suggestions on fun "exercises" or activities for fat, broken (and relatively broke) people, please suggest something.  I'm always up for trying new things. 

Now I'm going to go slowly work my way up to pushups.  One day at a time yall, one at a time.

1 comment:

  1. You are on the right track Molly! That is awesome! I did a fist pump after the first few sentences. Just remember, don't let anyone give you a super restricted plan. You don't HAVE to follow anyone's plan, do what feels right for you. It takes time to let this stuff sink in and make sense and actually work for you.
    I recommend immediately goingthrough your social media- ie: pinterest, instagram, facebook, twitter and get rid of the fat shaming, fitspo, and any other feeds/sites that are counter to what you are implementing. Accepting yourself as you are at this moment- not waiting for some transformation that may or may not come.

    Do what you enjoy, and eat what you like. Yay for getting rid of that stupid scale- as in stand up cheering- and rock on with your real true awesome life right this moment. I am so happy for you, girl

    ReplyDelete