Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentines Day

I HATE Valentines day. I always have.  I simply have no use for it.  I don't think the idea of giving loved ones little gifts to justify your love is appropriate.  I guess I'm all for telling those you love that you love them everyday.  That should be enough, right? 

So, my husband bought me a laptop yesterday.  In fact, it is on our dual credit account, so technically we bought one, and we were going to do it no matter what, so he jokes that since we did it on V-day weekend, it was a valentines gift.  BLEGH!!!  In return, I told him I would treat him to dinner.  His choice.  He chose outback, all was right with the world.  Then, we decided to go look at mattresses since ours is in need of an update and we wake up sore and cranky everyday.

4 hours at a mattress store with 2 little boys (one in the middle of potty training) is a total nightmare.  Luckily, there were plenty of places to lie down.   Long story short, the sales guy was uber nice and patient and our mattress will be delivered on Saturday.  I guess as far as a lame holiday goes, this one wasnt so bad.   BRING ON ST. PATS.  Green AND beer?! Thats a holiday I can totally get behind!

No comments:

Post a Comment