Sunday, February 26, 2012

Road Trippin'

After having to call in on Wednesday to fight the evil sick bug I had, I laid around Thursday and did nothing.  Friday, we decided to take the rescue dog, Nutmeg, up to Wichita.  My mom said she would meet us in OKC but I figured what the hell, we could go, and the kids could see two grandmas and some aunts and uncles and kill a lot of birds with just one stone. 

It was pretty fun.  We got to see family, some old friends, chat, hang out, drink beer.  I gave the dog to my mom, who loves her.  She says that Meg gets along great with Vanilla and that she thinks they will get on just fine.  That is a relief, I was a little afraid.

Got home in time to see the Academy Awards, which was my one stipulation about going in the first place.  I loved it, as I do every year, even though it was really not what it has been in past years.  

I am tired, a little hung over, have the munchies, and can not sleep.  I had five days off that felt like one, but it was worth it.  I did sign up for my next 5k today.  We will be running on St Patties day.  I'm pretty excited, but I haven't run in awhile, so I will be hurting for sure.  It seems to be an entire festival type thing, so the kids can go and hang out.  Sounds like a lot of good fun.

After spending 7 hours on the road today, I would really just love to lay down and chill the fuck out.  I think I will...have a beer, watch some Hercules, and maybe eat a couple oreos.  Sounds like a total win.  Great way to end a pretty awesome weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment