Thursday, February 23, 2012

Guitar Magic

I am obsessed with guitars.  I love their sound, their look, everything about them.  I even own two.  I love them!  I've got this great Washburn acoustic and an awesome Ibanez SG1 Gibson tribute guitar.  Beautiful.  My Luna and Josie, respectively.  Here's the rub, I have no idea how to play guitar...

Well, I did it.  Today I picked up my guitar and sat down with a purpose to actually learn something.   I have had my guitars for almost 12 years and have learned to play nothing except a poor version of "My Sharona" and "Puff the Magic Dragon".  Today, with my renewed determination and drive, I learned 3 whole chords and now know enough to play "Wild Thing"!  It may not sound like much, but I am learning actual chords and how to transition between them.  The first three I learned are probably the easiest, but a girl has got to start somewhere, and thats already more than I knew before. 

Now, I am going to go play Zelda, because for some reason, that sound ridiculously fun and since everyone is going to bed, I can't very well play any more guitar.....well, unless I play my unplugged electric.  Hmmmm...maybe I'll do a bit of both.  Can't hurt, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment