Sunday, June 3, 2012

I need a vacation from my vacation.

I am finally back from the Kansas frontier.  Having no net kind of sucks, but it was nice to have some time to do nothing.  Not that I really did nothing.  I mean, I worked my ass off, and partied like a beast at least once.  But, I did get a few days off where I sat around and basically did nothing.  I DID get to spend some time with my grandma, which was nice. 

Driving up there was ridiculous.  I had no A/C and both dogs with me.  Windows down at 60 MPH.  Well, my hair was a rats nets, and by the time I was half way there, my left arm, left side of my face and my thighs were sunburnt.  Like BURNT.  Even now, over a week later, I am still peeling!!

Day 1 was a whirlwind of cake making, watching the boys saw down some tree limbs (they do not follow all the safety procedures, so it was wildly entertaining), cleaning and setting up for a bridal shower.  Then there was of course the shower, with games and gifts, and then the party.  Man did we party.  I totally didn't follow my no alcohol rule and the next morning I remembered why I made the rule in the first place.  It was good fun all around though.  We did have some creepy ass zombies come out of the woods at the fire and scare the hell out of the bride to be, so I call it a win.  Then we went to my cousins 30th birthday party where we played the hell out of some flip cup and I played my first game of beer pong (I lost, but whatever, it was good fun).

Day 2 was a baby shower, which included more cake, games and gifts, as well as a number of hangovers.  It was also a smashing success and the happy couple (who we found out the next day are expecting a girl) went home with all kinds of good stuff.

Day 3 is pick up day.  Lots and lots of picking up.  Someone did a pre-sweep before I got out there and picked up all the beer cans, so that was good.  I did get the blown to bit targets taken down and picked up a metric shit ton of shell casings.  Did I mention guns?  Yeah, there were guns.  Day 3 was also the day just about everyone went home.  It was nice to see them all but having 7 million people around all the time is crazy stressful!!

Then next few days included moving humongous flower pots from one yard to the next, building a couple of decks, pulling up and replanting flowers, making curtains and other small sewing projects, taking down a satellite dish, painting fence panels from yellow to purple, hauling tons of sand from front to back and the building of a particularly nice concrete step. (I admit that I did not have a hand in every project).  These days also included several trips to town, which is an ordeal in itself really.

On wed or thurs, we took the night off and decided to go out and eat.  We went to this little place called Bogeys (best shakes ever).  Its raining a bit, but who are we to let that ruin our good time?  Well, we go in, order our food, sit down, BAM, power out.   Well, hell.  no shakes for us.  Wind took out 3 power poles down the street.  It was nuts!! 

I did carve out some time to do some running around and go see a few of my friends and spend some time with my dad (including one day spent under a car, which, while it doesn't sound fun, really is quite fun for me). 

All in all, I think it was a pretty bad ass vacation, but now I am terribly terribly tired and ready to get back to normal.  

Today was a rough day, mostly because I went to see my kids on the way out of town (they are staying with my mother in law for a few weeks, or until they are ready to come home).  They sat in my lap forever!  I guess they really missed me for the week we were apart.  Then, after spending some time with them, when I got in the car to go, they were standing in the driveway yelling, "bye, I love you".  I'm not gonna lie, it made me cry to leave them there.  I know they are going to have a great time swimming and watching baseball and bowling and playing in general, and I know Ryan and I are going to enjoy a little time without the chaos of two little boys, but we are going to miss them terribly while they are gone. 

Of course, the way my life goes, I may to busy to even notice they ARE gone.  Man I have a lot to do in the next few weeks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment