Thursday, June 7, 2012

Hidden treasures and forgotten gems

Man, cleaning and rearranging the house is a total chore.  Decided that while the kids were gone, we were going to more thier playroom from the downstairs to the "office" upstairs.  Since I have gotten my laptop, I rarely use the office and everything on the desktop is going to be wiped and I'm going to get rid of it.  Since the boys have told me that they would still like to room together, we are going to make that extra room the playroom and spread out a little downstairs.  We basically have two living rooms and are crammed into this one tiny room.  It is crazy and we really have way to much stuff.  Or maybe our stuff is simply to big?  I am not ready to get rid of this stuff though, because some day we will own our own house and I have a feeling that we may need this stuff!! 

At any rate, that is what I have spent my day doing.  I feel like, even though I have lived here over a year, I am just NOW finishing unpacking!!  I really do have so much stuff stored in tubs.  All my old game systems (atari-playstation, to include my regular and Super NES) and some old toys and things from when I was a kid.  Most of my VHS are in a tub because I simply have no place to put them out!!  Le sigh.  I REALLY am not looking forward to when we do move again.  It is like packing up a treasure cave or something. 

I found a lot of cool stuff like old posters too.  Man I LOVED movie posters and buttons when I was a kid.  I have a crazy collection of each.  Plus clippings from magazines, old movie tickets, hollywood and Las Vegas memorabilia....OMFG, I am a hoarder!!!!  Stop the insanity? 

I probably have more stuff from the 90's than any other person that lived through that era.  Remember pogs?  Yeah, I just found a tube of those.  Holy crap.  Someone find me a trash can STAT.  I have got to get rid of some of this crap!

No comments:

Post a Comment