Sunday, July 1, 2012

Back from the land of Oz

FINALLY home!!  What a trip.  Yesterday went fairly smoothly and we actually got there very quickly.  We were there by about 630 and had time to go shopping, have dinner, see some fireworks, and go for a quick dip in the pool.  Kids were so excited to see us.  They barely left our laps for the first hour.   Even then they wanted to be right with us all the time.  Silly boys.

Today went a little slower.  We got a later start and then went to see some of Ryans friends, which was fun, but set us back some more.  I, again took the first leg of the trip and turned it over to Ryan at OKC.  My part was ok, kids were asleep, Ryan was asleep, I controlled the radio and traffic was flowing smoothly...
Then came Oklahoma City.  We stopped, stretched, changed Carters clothes (he peed his pants) and bought some total junk food.    Then back in the car.  Kids are riled up, hopped up on junk food, screaming, poking each other, kicking the chairs....basically being the little heathens that they can be.  Then, 40 mins later, we have to make another pit stop.  Then another.  Then ANOTHER...  Finally we make it out of Oklahoma (I thought it would never happen), and had to make yet another pit stop!!!

Holy cow!!  Once we finally got home, they had to check out EVERYTHING that has changed since they have been gone.  "Oh, look at this, ooh, look at that...."  Carter kept saying, "I like all the stuff you moved"  Lol, well, ok, at least someone is impressed.  They desperately wanted to play in the playroom, but I told them we had to unpack and unwind.  They did help me put thier clothes and toys away and we are now camped on the living room floor, watching cartoons and chilling. 

Tomorrow, I shall have to get back on track with my "diet" and pay more attention to what I put in my mouth.  I have this feeling that I am going to be sluggish and drowsy all day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment