Saturday, July 7, 2012

Going POSTal

I'm sore.   So very sore.  We have been putting up a fence in our backyard.  This means a LOT of digging holes and being outside in the heat.  We finished putting up most of all of the new back part of the fence on the 4th of July, but then we still had to take down sections of the old fence and move it to replace the rotten bits. 

Today I thought it would be a good day to do just this.  Problem is, we went to a little kids pool party first.  Out in the sun, playing in the pool, swimming, chasing kids.  Tiring! 

SOOOOO, when we came home, I took down the old bit of the fence, to move it around. Ryan took down the rotted bits and began to cut and put up the newer panel.  This left me to tackle the posts left by the old fence.   So whoever put those it SUCKS!!  Of course they are cemented in (duh right) but they didn't do a good job with it.  It was everywhere.  Instead of trying to dig it out, I decided to get out the sledgehammer and just beat the hell out of it and break up the concrete.   TWO HOURS later I get one post out.  That means I have to get another out.  I started on it, but didn't get very far.  My arms are aching and I have blisters.  Maybe I will be able to dislodge that sucker tomorrow.   For now I'm letting it sit.  I'm already sore and I will probably be worse tomorrrow but I am determined to get that thing out!! For now I'm gonna veg and watch Transformers 3...

No comments:

Post a Comment