Friday, May 11, 2012

The Making of Harley Quinn Part 4: the completion

I have done it.  I have finished the costuming part of my Harley Quinn outfit.  I bought some mens black pajama pants and added diamonds down one leg and a big diamond on the other.  I am not going to post pictures until we get to the party and get the makeup and the whole she-bang going.  A special thanks to David for not only all his advice on the makeup (which I still have yet to try out) but also for the suggestion of fabric glue.  How he manages to think up the easiest solutions to my most pressing problems blows my mind.

Now I have to begin work on Two-face.  I have already done half of his hat, but have done virtually nothing for the costume.  I am not sure what I am going to do, but it will be way less involved than Harley Quinn. The party is in one week and Two-face is mostly all in the makeup.  I am pretty stoked that Ryan has decided to play a part and that my sister and her fiancee jumped on board to play Poison Ivy and the Joker.  It is going to be a lot of fun for the kids and worth every minute of this mess.   I only hope that I can leave the making of Two-face more or less in Ryans hands because I am working like crazy this week and trying to transfer schools, looking into new places to live, and getting ready for my weeks vacay to Kansas (which includes a bridal and baby shower....not for the same person)

3 comments:

  1. FABRIC GLUE! (DUH) Perfect for a costume. So stoked for you and so proud! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete