Saturday, May 5, 2012

The Making of Harley Quinn part 3: I wear my diamonds on my sleeve

Ever hear of finger piercings?  Me neither, but I think that is where I am heading with these silly diamonds.  After TWO WHOLE days of hand sewing, I finally got on 8 diamonds.  ok ok, it was really like 3 total hours, but whatevs, right.  My poor little fingers are hole poked.  The shirt is pretty much finished, I just need to cut up the sleeves and the bottom to make it more joker-esque.  Then I have to work on the bottoms.  A friend of mine suggested making spats to cover my shoes.  I looked it up online, it looks complicated, but doable.  I also got my makeup and face paint so that I can doll up Ryan and I for the big day. 

Did I mention Ryan was going to be Two-face?  I don't recall.  Any good ideas on a quickish and easyesque way to do Two-face make-up?  What the hell, am I Stephen King now, all making up words and shit?  Who cared, its 3:30 am, lol.  I will make up all the words I want!!

Seriously, any help with Two-face ideas would be good.  I'm even less experienced with make-up than I am with sewing, so that is saying something.  Here is the 97% finished version of the shirt.  In hindsight I should have chosen smaller shirts, or sewed them together tighter...whatever, first time sewing, remember?




In other news, I bought a bigger fish tank for the boys room.  They now have a 10 gallon circulating water upstairs.  I really hope they think fish are as cool as I do.  Who knew they could be such interesting pets??  I am certain I had more to say, but my brain is ka-put due to another super late night.  Why do I stay up so late?  Oh well, at least I finished all my homework and my shirt and just have to finish writing my research paper now.  And even that is about 1/4 done.

1 comment:

  1. We would have a lot of fun at 3:30 in the morning!

    GREAT job on the shirt!!

    Let me investigate the spat thing a little and I will get back to you!

    ReplyDelete