Monday, April 2, 2012

Birthday boys

My childrens birthdays are coming up. Carter on the 3rd of April and Jaxon on the 2nd of May.  They will be 3 and 5 respectively.  I am so excited that they are growing up, but I will admit that it is sad too.  Soon they won't be my little babies anymore, but my big boys.  Jaxon will be going to school soon and I will be teaching Carter all his colors (which he knows most of) and how to tell which letters are which.  They are both so freaking smart.

I hate the whole idea of birthdays and parties, but I want these days to be special for them.  I want to give them everything they want, when I really have no idea what that is.  They don't need toys, they don't play with the ones they have usually.  They both have about 5 that they love, and thats not going to change with new toys.  What they really love is to socialize, so I guess thats the reason for the parties.

I always feel bad because, since thier birthdays are about a month apart, I just wait until mid April and have a party for both at once.   I feel like this is kind of cheating them out of thier special day, but in fairness, we do cupcakes and a few little gifts on thier actual birthdays.  So I guess that makes up for it.

We will be spending Tuesday, Carters birthday, at the park. I see a lot of running, screaming kids just having a good time.   I suppose that is really the important thing.  I shall have to ask to see what Jaxon wants to do on his birthday.  He will probably want the park too.  They are so easy to please.   We are going to have the big party at a park as well.  It just seems to work out better that way. 

One day I would love to have a house big enough, and enough land, to host a great party for them.  Maybe by the time they are old enough to enjoy football we will have enough room for an improptu field to play on.  Time will tell I suppose

No comments:

Post a Comment