Monday, September 28, 2015

Trial and error: day one

I thought I knew what I was doing.  Today is the first "official" day of my weight loss trial.  (And by trial I don't mean that's it's an experiment per se).  I did so much research and even bought all kinds of neat things.  I know it's not going to click all at once, and honestly I'm not even discouraged with today because I AM AWARE.  I see where I went wrong and I know what to tweak and change in the near future.

I started out today 4.2 pounds down from my original weight, so it's not like I've not made progress.  And, again, I know there will be a few little changes to be made here and there, I'm not going to master it on the first day.

The good:  I was not starving at any point today.  I brought my own healthy snacks and severely limited the amount of crap I ate. (I'm a candy addict yall, it's a problem).  I feel as though, once I've gotten my numbers tweaked, this is something I can keep up, which is probably the most important part.

The bad:  I was over my calories  (at least on 2 apps) and my macro numbers were kind of all over. Carbs are still my favorite.  My fats number was pretty spot on, but I was severely lacking in protien.  This is my biggest issue.  I need to up my protien in a big way.  I'm not sure what kind of snacks/meals I need to achieve this and still stay within my range.  Peanut butter?  Maybe?

I plan on taking measurements tonight, because once I start working out, inches are going to become more important than pounds.  While my mac and cheese killed what was left of my food calories (or threw me flying into the abyss of way too much, depending on who's app you are using) I still feel as if today was a good start.  It began with a multivitamin, and a good breakfast and went on from there.  I'm actually pretty excited to try to tweak it tomorrow and see where I end up.  I think this first two weeks will probably be trial and error food wise but so far I'm still losing so it ain't all bad.

Onward and downward

Official weight loss progress, 4.2 pounds.  281.8

No comments:

Post a Comment