Sunday, September 27, 2015

Things you learn on a Sunday

Tomorrow begins my official weigh in and weight loss experiment.  Today I learned about counting macros (protien, fat and carbs)  I read more blogs that should even be possible and decided that I am going to cut back on the cardio (when the dr clears me to work out) and do mostly strength training.  Basically I am going to eat ns workout like a body builder.  I'm going to calculate how many calories I need (which is more complicated than it sounds because I've used a number of calculators/apps and I've gotten a different number each time, so that's fun)
I am also going to use a number of apps.  I've downloaded a few.  It will be hectic at first because of all the apps, but I will eventually cut down to just one I really like, or stop using them altogether once I get the hang of it.  My ultimate goal is to be able to just know where I need to be in terms of eating without the electronic assistance.

I did buy a food scale today, along with some protien packed snack items.  I haven't decided what to do with actual meals yet but I'm trying to make one small change at a time so that it's not a huge life upset and throws me into chaos and turmoil.  Basically this week is a test run.

I also played monopoly for the first time today, like legitimately played.  Didn't finish the game but at least I know what to do.

I'm staying up later than usual to go watch this super moon eclipse thing going on.  So that should be pretty damn cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment