Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Veterans and Physical Therapy

So, today, I went to my first physical therapy appointment.  I met with the therapist, talked over my case a bit, told her what I'm doing at home and did a few strength tests on my knee.  The only place of weakness was when attempting to come down stairs.  I always feel like it's going to give on me when descending.  I can go up just fine, but all my weight on that one knee is a beast.  Essentiall, she told me I was doing great, keep it up. Then she gave me a sheet of exercises to do daily with my other routine. 
And that was the story of my last day of physical therapy.  I just have to be cleared by my surgeon and do my exercises and I should be done with this whole mess!

Today is also Veterans day.  I wore my old school shirt with the military star and stripes and my old unit cap (which I wear every Veterans Day when I can).  It is nice to see all the support for those who have served and are serving today.  It is a voluntary choice for most of us who do join.  I come from a long line of military, and many of my extended family and friends are or were military, or police, or firefighters, or first responders.  All of those people and their families deserve our thanks today.  I have never been a military spouse, but I can imagine the hardship of trying to keep things together on your own while your other half is out their putting their lives in danger.  Same for police persons and firemen.  These people go to work every day without the guarantee that they will come home safely.  You just never know what's going to happen out there.

So each and every one of the people who have served, are serving, or are considering it, you are my hero.  Thank you for keeping Americans free so that they can be outraged by a cup. 

I kid on that last bit, but I'm serious about thanking you and will continue to thank each person I see in uniform out and about, be they service persons, police, fire, or first responder.  Heroes, each and every one of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment