Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Proof I'm not a procrastinator

It all started with 6 metal buckets. Well, it really did.
 These 5 buckets were red. My aunt says, "can you paint these camo?". Well, I reckon I can. So my sister, cousin and I set to work, creating tiny tin camo buckets.

Now my friend wants some to use as Easter baskets or her kids. Their dad is Army so camo is probably rather but I their family. I, of course, said "sure". So here I am with 5 larger metal buckets.

 About to embark on the adventure of camo painting. If this pans out, I may learn how to do pink and blue camo too and sell the suckers.

I'm really excited about this project and can't wait to get started. First step, primer. Got to make my paint stick (the FIRST step was actually getting the freakin stickers off the damn things but with a combo of goo gone and steel wool, I prevailed!!)

Here is a "prime" example of my progress to date. Sorry, I couldn't help myself!
 

1 comment: